Thursday, June 23, 2011

The big 4-0

Saturday was my 40th birthday.  While not quite the way I imagined ringing in my 40s, my amazing family made it a special day by baking a cake, bringing presents, and recreating a "birthday party" in the hospital dining room.  We broke some rules I'm sure when we lit the candle but lately my motto is, "Seek forgiveness and not permission."  And for Hannah, having all of us-my brother and his son Luca, my sister, Brendan, his mom, my mom, and all of our kids-sitting around the table was the best medicine for her.  And the best present for me.  Can you see all of the happy smiles? Here's Sam, Hannah, Luca and Isabelle having fun together no matter where they are.  Love those kids. And a shout-out to my mom for making this an actual birthday and not just another day.  Love you.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, you amazing woman!! Those kids are terrific!!

Love,

Susan

Kim PT said...

Happy Belated Birthday Krista!