Friday, December 11, 2009

Winter blues

I live in the Northeast and have always loved winter. (Well, mostly. By March the snow does get pretty old.) But I'm a snowboarder and cross country skier and snowshoer and I really appreciate the beauty of a crisp "blue bird day."

Having kids makes winter a little more challenging. They get sick often, it's hard to go potty when they have 15 layers of clothing on and can't move, the snow looks really fun to play in but they get cold pretty quickly, etc etc etc. Add to that a kid with CP and the challenges escalate to new levels. Then throw in an infant and, well, I'm pretty much housebound these days.

The girls are already on their second nasty cold in less than a month, thanks to preschool. Even Sam caught this one-3 months old and he's already getting sick, poor guy. I am SO DONE with seeing crumpled, germ-infested tissues all over the house and can't bear to hear one more person ask me to wipe their nose.

I hope someday I can appreciate the beauty of winter again. In the meantime I'm just going to have to grin and bear it, and wait for spring...

No comments: