Friday, October 10, 2008

Big stuff

I caught Miss Hannah standing by herself today, totally unsupported, on two different occasions!!! This is such huge news that I'm a little afraid to believe it's true. The first time, she and I were playing and she let go of her walker and reached for one toy with one hand and another toy with another hand. I checked and sure enough, no part of her body was touching the walker. Then tonight after dinner, a similar thing happened. She was in her walker and listening to some music. She had her feet firmly planted in a good supportive stance and she started to clap her hands to the music. I checked again because she often looks like she's standing without support but in reality, her hip or her bum will be resting on the back of the walker. But just like earlier in the day, no part of her was touching it.

For awhile now (maybe I posted about this already?) Hannah's been playing around/trying out the notion of standing on her own. She'll be standing in front of me and just barely holding on with one hand on my shirt. Or she'll be in her walker and one teensy part of her hip will be resting on the back of it but otherwise she'll be unsupported. So now she's doing it on her own! B tried to get her to do it again outside of the walker and she did manage to stay up for a few seconds before she got too excited and arched her back and lost her balance. The best part is that she wants to keep trying and she is really so proud of herself.

I can't wait for the day when she can just stand there on her own two feet. We're getting closer, I can feel it in my bones!

4 comments:

mom said...

giant, giant, giant smiles.
amazing.
happy day!

Jacolyn said...

OMG!!!! That's wonderful!!

Melissa said...

Holy cow...that's huge!!!!!!!! I am sooooo thrilled for her!

MapleMama said...

Bravo Hannah!! Congrats to you all!

I hope to see you and the girls again soon. Maybe we should playdate with Aidan (he's a sucker for cute girls: he already has a girlfriend at daycare!)

I miss working with you! -Allison