Friday, April 11, 2008

Favorite Things

I need to take a minute or two to brag about my girls because lately, their verbal skills have been really astounding me. And because a lot of the time I am focusing on the things Hannah is not able to do (YET!), so I neglect to mention the amazing things she and Isabelle both can do so well and with ease.

So the girls are 31 months old (2 1/2). Here are a few examples of some of the things they're saying these days, and I should add that they are both very clear and easy to understand:

Isabelle: "When someone is using something, we wait to take a turn."
Hannah: "Only Mommy and Daddy use the outlet. It's for adults."
Isabelle: "I can't wait to see you, Papa. Papa lives in Delaware."
Hannah: "We learned how to do that at story time today."

Hannah, reciting from memory from her new favorite book, Olivia and the Missing Toy, which we read at least twice a day: "It was a dark and stormy night. Olivia was practicing her piano when she heard a HORRIBLE noise."

Isabelle, singing Favorite Things from the Sound of Music soundtrack, another HUGE hit in our house: "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with string. These are a few of my favorite things."

I love my girls and I think they're just amazing.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so right...they are totally amazing!

Jacolyn said...

OMG!!! That IS amazing and they ARE amazing (so are you)!