Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Artichokes

Here are two clips of the girls experiencing their first taste of breaded and steamed artichokes, just like my Grandma Jenny used to make them. They absolutely loved them! I couldn't believe it. I bought two, one for B and one for me, thinking maybe they'd each take one bite and that would be that. I mean, what two year olds do you know that enjoy scraping flesh off the leaves of a succulent and then eating it? I guess the fact that they're drenched in olive oil, garlic and bread crumbs helped because they wound up eating almost all of ours themselves. Next time I'll remember to buy 4. Atta girls!


1 comment:

mom said...

Love it! I get so proud when dd works over her edamame or lobster or guac. It's funny when they like things you don't think kids should like! I've never known how to cook an artichoke...please cook for me!