Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Winter came early

We had our first snowfall last night...barely more than a dusting but just enough to cover the lawn and provide some wet, sticky snow to play in. The girls were so excited to get out in it...I was less than excited to get back into dressing for winter weather (especially since it isn't even November yet!)

It took me about 45 minutes to get both girls bundled up and ready to rock (I'm a little rusty!). This is the first year that Hannah is walking in the snow with her walker so her first steps were a little rocky. It was so slushy and wet that I think she was having a hard time pushing the wheels through the snow so she wasn't that psyched about moving around. But I figured out that I could pile snow up on their sand/water table and Hannah could stand at it with some sand toys and play with the snow that way. Of course with her big bulky mittens on, she was getting really frustrated trying to figure out how to pick up and play with her toys.

Hopefully we'll get our winter groove on soon and find the best way for both Hannah and Isabelle to enjoy the snow, since it seems like we might be getting a lot of it this year! We did manage to make some snow "busts"--not the full snowman, just the heads!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

They look so pretty in pink! I love the second picture...sisterly love!


I'll bet that pushing her walker through that slushy snow was good work out for her! That would have exhausted Riley!

Jacolyn said...

Oh my gosh...are you kidding me!? It has been in he 80s here. The kids got a little hot in their Halloween outfits. Love the photos!! The girls are just too cute!!