Thursday, January 24, 2008

The upside to hard things

I posted a few days ago about taking the girls to music class and how I had a hard time with Hannah's inability to participate like the other kids were. It made me sad for me and for her, that she seemed to miss out on the full experience.

How wrong I was.

Since that day, Hannah has been talking constantly about music class, asking me to sing some of the songs and referencing the teacher. Tonight after she went to bed, I heard her talking to herself and saying, "And then, we will go to music class in a little while."

Clearly, she got as much out of the experience as Isabelle, even if she needed me to help her move and groove. I guess in the future, I better leave my expectations of what a good time entails at the door. Go Hannah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you re-evalutated. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes...I know. People can talk to you and console you until they're blue in the face. It's not happening to them, its happening to you. And when you're in the center of the storm, its hard to focus on anything but the storm. Your girls are beautiful. Your family is beautiful. Yes, some things will always be harder for you. But that's life. Everyone's dealt a different hand. Enjoy your family and enjoy your girls with no reservation. Each day they amaze you with the things they do and the progress they make. They're happy! To them, life is wonderful. Take everything with a grain of salt and have fun...cause they are....and should i say...'I told you so....'....lolll...i'm nearby by the way..i live in Foxborough, MA. Pat's nation.

Melissa said...

Yep, we all have to remember to follow our childrens' lead. Hannah will show you her way in the world....just follow her! (And feel free to remind me of the same thing when I have a down day about the boys' needs!)