Thursday, November 11, 2010

A special question

Hannah often mixes up "question" with "statement" especially when she's excited to tell me something.  Today she emerged from the bathroom and said, "Mommy, I have SUCH a special question to tell you!"

Hannah can go to the bathroom in our house by herself almost totally independently, if she is wearing easy to pull down pants.  But she often asks for help especially if she gets hung up on the "pulling down pants" part.  Today though, I asked her to go to the bathroom and then told her to tell me when she was all done.  She was wearing a leotard because she and Isabelle were pretending they were at gymnastics.  I thought for sure she'd need help getting it off but figured she would let me know as she always did, or maybe she would figure it out herself.

That's when she popped out and made the above statement.  So I said, "What, Hannah?" And she said:

"Mommy! I went to the bathroom ALL BY MYSELF! Here's what I did.  First, I took off my leotard and got on the potty.  Then I peed.  Then I got the toilet paper and wiped myself.  I got some pee on my hand, but then I wiped it with more toilet paper so it was okay.  Then I put the paper in the toilet, got up, and pulled my leotard back on.  ALL BY MYSELF! Then I washed my hands, dried them off, and now I'm all done! Isn't that FANTASTIC?!"

Yep, kiddo, it is.

4 comments:

B said...

You go Hannah!

Kat said...

That is fantastic!!! Go girl!!! :-)

Heather said...

So sweet. It's the little things. It really is.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog through the links of other blogs. I get really excited whenever I find the blog of a family with similar circumstances as us... we have twins as well... and one was diagnosed with PVL. I hope you don't mind me linking your site on our blog!! i look forward to reading about your family's adventures.