Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Waiting for the babe

I'm now 38.5 weeks pregnant and still amazed that I made it this far, over 11 weeks farther than I did with the girls. I'm starting to wonder if I'll EVER go into labor, actually, which is a pretty crazy feeling. I feel like I'm in pregnancy purgatory. I'm very ready and excited to meet this new little one, although I'm definitely anxious about it as well. I'm wondering how I'll manage the girls and a newborn, especially with Hannah's various therapies and appointments to deal with. But maybe it will be a little bit easier when I have my body back. For the past few months or so, I feel like I've been a sub-par mom because I haven't had the energy to keep up with the girls the way I usually do. B has taken over the bulk of the stretching with Hannah but all of the little things I used to do during the day to ensure she was getting enough of her exercises in have fallen to the wayside. At least it's summer, so she's getting outside a ton and is building up some amazing endurance with her walker. And the day-to-day way that we do things around here also help ensure good posture and positioning. But the big stretching/exercise chart I made is a painful reminder of how much more there is to do, and how little I've been able to accomplish.

I realize too that while I'll have more physical capabilities once the baby is here, I'll also be exhausted and probably overwhelmed in different ways. Ah, it's going to be crazy around here for awhile! I guess I'll just have to cut myself some slack, do the best I can do and realize that it won't be this crazy forever. I just don't want Hannah to backslide or regress in the process, because she's really come so far in the past year.

1 comment:

BusyLizzyMom said...

Keep us posted with the baby, I was just wondering how you were doing. That is inspiring that you have almost come to full term. I think everyday past 25 weeks will be a celebration. It will also be a celebration if we ever decide to take the leap again.
I hope everything goes smoothly with the arrival of your new addition.