Sunday, May 17, 2009

MUCHAS GRACIAS!


A few weeks late, but I'm checking in to report on the great success of our walk for the March of Dimes: we raised close to $1300 and are so grateful for those who contributed in some way even given the tenuous state of the economy. It's such an important cause, one very close to our heart, and we were buoyed by all of your support and love.

The weather was much better this year than in years past: a little chilly at the start but it warmed up quickly and helped keep us cool throughout the 4 miles. We had the baby jogger with us but both girls were eager to get out and walk so with Hannah in her walker, Isabelle in her meandering preschool stroll and me in my 24-week waddle, we were not breaking any land speed records. In fact, we finished dead last! But we had a great time and I think the girls were more tuned in this year to the meaning behind the walk, which was pretty cool. At one point, Isabelle said something about giving money to the doctors so they could help babies like her and Hannah. So true, so true.

I want to continue this family tradition in years to come as it has become a mainstay on our spring calendar and an important opportunity to stop and reflect on where we've been and where we are now, something I really value and which helps my own healing around the trauma of the girls' birth. And next year, we'll have a new little friend to join us!!!

1 comment:

BusyLizzyMom said...

You finished that is the big thing. I feel the same way when Elizabeth and I are out walking, I feel like I am in a funeral procession as we mosey alongI don't know if it is her walking or her distraction that keeps us at a turtle pace, becasue there are times when I have seen her go like the wind.
Happy 24 weeks.