Sunday, January 4, 2009

Year of the Ox

"Those born under the influence of the Ox are fortunate to be stable and persevering. The typical Ox is a tolerant person with strong character. Not many people could equal the resolution and fearlessness the Ox exhibits when deciding to accomplish a task or an objective. "

I like this. I think I will aspire to be this person, even though according to the Chinese horoscope, I'm actually a pig. (Here's where I resist the urge to make a wisecrack-please try to refrain as well!) Actually, it's safe to say that my experience raising Hannah and Isabelle has forced me to become more oxen-like in ways I didn't think I had in me before. Maybe it's because I see the two of them exhibiting exactly these traits themselves, starting with their traumatic birth and with every hurdle they have overcome since then.

Looking back, 2008 was a perfectly fine year with lots of fun and adventure and growing and changing. I'm excited to see what 2009 has in store for us and with the OX leading the way, I know we'll meet it with fortitude and strength.

Happy New Year!


No comments: