Friday, November 7, 2008

New Boots



Hannah got her new orthotics yesterday: these are the hinged, articulating AFOs which will give her greater range of motion in her ankle and foot. She seems to be doing great in them so far and is actually asking to put them on which is a first (Mommy, can I wear my purple boots today?) Not sure if it's just the novelty of the new floral pattern but I'll take it!

I'm excited to see how she progresses with her walking, cruising and standing in these, as those are the big things she's been working hard on right now. I didn't feel any of that crushing sadness that I felt when we got the first pair, which makes me realize I'm getting used to my new reality. Now, I'm just happy to see that she'll have another tool in her toolbox to help her get what she needs.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ross and Riley just got their third set of new orthotics and they wanted me to write and tell Hannah that they think her new boots ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Getting and using new braces are important as the milestones they assist her to obtain. Congrats on shrugging-off the feelings of crushing sadness. That's a milestone for you!

Among the parent bloggers of premi babes I also read Matt and Aline at The Playpen (linked in my blog). Matt posted on 'emotional milestones' a while back.

All the best, Barbara