Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stall Tactics

Isabelle is all about stalling before bed. It's gotten pretty bad. A friend of mine said she's started bringing a timer into the room with her when she puts her son to bed and that seems to have put a stop to it. I think we're going to have to try that tomorrow. Here's an ABRIDGED version of what went down tonight (with each sentence, I attempted to walk toward the door to leave but then she started up again with another request which, if ignored, would cause her to scream and cry):

"Mommy fold my blanket. Mommy wipe my eyes. Mommy wipe them again, they're still wet. Mommy I want green and blue and red candles for my birthday. Get my blue egg, Mommy. I want it with me. Mommy tuck me in. I need to kiss and hug you again, Mommy. I have to do it again because I missed. Daddy tuck me in too."

I almost threw myself out the window. Seriously.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh...that sounds frustrating! That sounds like it would make me to go have a glass of wine as soon as I got them into bed!

Does Hannah sleep better than Isabelle? Riley has always been a champion sleeper and the docs have explained that because he works so much harder to do everything during the day, he really is far more tired than Ross by bedtime. Do you notice that with your girls?

BusyLizzyMom said...

Yep we are going through that AGAIN here. Except Elizabeth pulls the barf card if we don't follow her wishes. We have to follow a fine line of firmness but not to evoke vomiting. This spell is due to her father having little naps with her in her big girl bed and now she wants it all the time. Give them an inch and they take a mile.