Thursday, March 20, 2008

Much needed getaway

Last weekend, B and I got to live it up like we used to in our pre-kid days. Our very close friend got married in a town not far from here so my parents came up to watch the girls for us. Friday night we went to the rehearsal dinner and out for drinks after. Saturday we were at the wedding which was a blast: I got to reconnect with so many friends, boogie, eat good food and laugh a lot. Saturday night we stayed at an inn near the reception and Sunday, after sleeping in a little and having a yummy breakfast, B and I went snowboarding for half the day, something we haven't done together since last winter.

I forget some times how much I love to be out and social. How much I love to eat, drink and be merry. And how much fun my husband is: He's a great date! See how relaxed and happy we look?:)
Of course, re-entry was a b*tch: the girls both have a cold, aren't sleeping great and are pretty crabby. But it was SO worth it!!!

1 comment:

Jacolyn said...

I'm so glad you had a get-away. I hope the girls are better soon.