Saturday, February 23, 2008

Spilled Milk

Not as in "don't cry over," but literally, as in spilled milk all over the floor, counters, cabinets, rug, couch.

Some days I feel like I spend a good portion of my time wiping up milk. The girls drink from these straw cups with flip tops, and when they flip open the top, whatever milk has gathered in the straw shoots out and lands everywhere, including their hair and my glasses.

In the grand scheme of things to worry and get stressed about, this is really minute. But some days, when I'm sitting across from them with milk on my glasses and a puddle on the floor next to them and it's the end of a long, two-year-old twin day, I think I might just lose it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, Krista-
You crack me up! Your timing is just too perfect! I just got the boys down for a nap, and wanted to come check my email quickly, but first, I had to go wash my glasses for the zillionth time today because of the milk the boys spray on me with their straw cups! I agree that it is a tiny issue....but sooooo annoying! Do you have hardwood or carpet floors? We have carpet and it has absorbed at least a gallon of milk, in tiny puddles, over the past 6 months. -Melissa

Jacolyn said...

I completely understand!! Except this week, I've been cleaning up vomit...ewwwww. Much prefer milk